So after years, decades, even eons of being told there's no water on the moon, guess what? There's water on the moon.
Moonwater article
Personally, my mind is screaming with possibilities. They mention rocket fuel in the article, but I'm thinking drinking water. If we don't have to cart water to the moon, then wouldn't a moon base be far more realistic? Not to mention all the other things we use water for. It would have to be rationed carefully, you wouldn't want to run out or we would be carting water from the earth to the moon. It would have to be reclaimed somehow as well, but we have that technology (the space station astronauts just started using a water reclamator that does indeed use what you might think it would).
So, we can mine iron and other minerals on the moon, we now have found water there, I'm thinking it's time to put in my bid for a room on the Lunar Base sometime soon!
2 comments:
Neat-O!! Interesting possibilities...
That really just reminds me of Coffee Talk on SNL: "I'm getting verklempt! Talk amongst yourselves. Here I'll give you a topic--water on the moon--discuss!"
That is pretty cool!
Post a Comment