Well, I figured there would be at least one more major storm before winter gave way to spring, but now it looks like it will be rain rather than snow. Works for me. My dandelions have started to poke their leaves above the soil--I think they grew three inches overnight! I'm actually looking forward to the time change this Sunday--I can spend at least an hour after dinner in the yard at least once a week, and that will keep it up just fine. I managed to tear the canvas top of my porch swing while shoveling snow off of it in January (don't say anything! I can hear you!), but since JoAnns was really nice about all the cupons they sent out for this week I was able to get some pretty outdoor canvas to replace it with. And enough for matching pillows (you know me and matching, right? I love matching)
K inspired me in her blog about cleaning and de-cluttering, so I'm going to work on that as well. This has been a project for a while, but I got sidelined from it over the winter, not exactly sure why. I'm hoping with the renewal of spring I'll get motivated again. Oh, it just occured to me, I had another project that I deemed more important than cleaning house--watching all 5 previous seasons of LOST. :::shakes head at self::: Here's hoping K was able to keep up, I fear I left her behind :(
Work has been fairly normal. I was in a training class for three days this week to learn the new software we'll be using to control the satellites. It's a pretty powerful tool, very versatile, and I'm thinking way better than what I used on FUSE. I haven't had 10 years with the old software APL was using, so I'm in a little better shape than other people at the lab who only know the old stuff and are a little annoyed that the new stuff doesn't work the same way. Sillies!
Church is pretty much the same--lead the music in Sacrament Meeting, go to Nursery and play for a couple hours, then go home. I do have a new visiting teaching companion, though, so I look forward to getting to know her.
Other than my projects and making time to go see my friends on the weekends (which is why I really can't do yardwork on the weekends, I'm never home), I still manage to watch too much tv. Stay up too late. Read for an hour before turning over and going to sleep. I was in a book group a few years ago (technically I'm still in it, but after a bad experience with one of the members haven't actually shown up), and it got me reading again. I love to read. Just finished the 11th book in the Harry Dresden series (he's a wizard, doing PI work in Chicago), got to go back to Brisngr (the third in the Eragon series). Not really enjoying Briningr like I did the first two. Maybe I'm in a different place in my head now?
Kitty is doing well--still attacking me when I pray, but this morning I managed to grab her and hold her until I finished. She didn't like that, but then, I don't like getting attacked when I'm trying to pray! She had all day yesterday outside, the weather was lovely, and I've been out a lot this week, so maybe she's just trying to assert her dominance over me again. I'm supposed to stay home and take care of *her*! yeah, in a perfect world. Or a snowy one--I'm pretty sure she got tired of me hanging around, though, the week we were snowed in.
Ok, time to go. Happy March craziness, everyone! Don't get soaked!
1 comment:
The warmer weather is a welcome change for me too. I am happy it is rain and not snow. Can you imagine how much snow over 5 inches of rain would have produced. Scary thought. I would be happy for the time change except I am not a morning person, and 9 am church is a killer for me anyway. Not to mention that Sunday I get to go to ward council because Sister Tucker is out of town. Yuck.
Post a Comment