My great-nephew that was just born is home from the hospital!!! He was born at 36 weeks, so had to stay in the NICU for a while (and Kristen can correct me if I have that wrong), but he's HOME now. Yay!!!
And his name is Zack. There was this whole thing about his name, a blog poll and everything, and I just kept telling them that his name was Zachery Cole. they only half believed me--his name is Zachery Miles, but that's ok. So great!
As for me, I've been doing my normal work, choir rehearsal, church, tv stuff. Last weekend I did go to the Dog Show--oh, excuse me, Pet Expo--at the Dulles Expo center with my friend. There was one booth with a Cat rescue, one booth with rabbits, maybe 2-3 with fish, and the rest was dogs. We like dogs, but my friend and I both have cats. So no new cat toys for our little furry friends. I did find a couple cute hair bows. I guess officially they're for dogs, but since my hair is really fine and doesn't take well to heavy hair bows, they're just right for me. I picked up one for my niece as well.
Church last weekend consisted of Stake Conference. We had the broadcast from Salt Lake this time, which is good because we got to hear from Pres Packer and a couple other GA's. And Sis Thompson, who's my current favorite in the General RS Presidency as she is single too. I like their current trend of having at least one of the three be a single woman. I don't know if they're doing that on purpose, or if the Lord is stepping in to make that happen (which could also be the case), but I like it. A lot. Oh, and Stk Conf was good too. And we got out a half hour early!!! YES!!
Then came the MCW's first Easter Performance at the Seneca Stake Center. Hm, I should put their website on my page too, huh? Well, our big performance at the Temple Visitor's Center is this coming Sunday--conveniently placed so I cannot attend the dedication of our new ward building in Clarksville. Nice, huh? Oh well. A couple or three more months and then I will be finished with this choir. At work we start Integration and Test of our two spacecraft in September, and while my schedule should still be fairly normal, there will be times that I won't be able to leave work, and it will be at the last minute that I find out. Coupled with the hour and a half drive to get to rehearsals (though it's only 45 minutes home afterwards), I'm thinking it's time to put the choir on hold. Or just sign off. It hasn't been a lot of fun--all my friends are over in the Soprano section, and the women I have to sit by due to my height are snippy, rude creatures with a highly developed sense of their own importance. After our last song in our performance last Sunday they immediately--not waiting for the closing prayer or anything--started carping about how bad that number went. I told them (and I did wait until after the prayer) that next time they should at least wait until after the closing prayer before they started complaining. I don't need this stress in my life. Especially with the stress at work increasing--good stress, since it means we'll be doing something more than just writing documents all the time, but still stress.
At work the Health Improvement Committee has started a jogging class--teaching us and our bodies how to run. It's a 10-week course that, by the end of it, if I'm good, I should be able to run for 20 minutes straight. Easily. I know, first rock-climbing and now jogging. What is happening to me??? Well, running is a way to get a lot of activity points in a short amount of time (remember I'm in Weight Watchers). I've been praying for a change of heart, so that I no longer have the desire to overeat, particularly in the evenings when I'm so tired, can't think, and watch tv for 5 hours straight. So maybe this will help me turn off the tv and go running. Too bad my cat can't come with me. Not that she'd want to, of course, unless it was her idea.
5 comments:
You sure do have a busy life. :)
Oh and it's Zack Myles-not Zackery, we decided to go short to match Jane and Vance.
Hope to see you soon!!
Hey there! I am so proud of you for running. (I just can't do it!) Congrats on your new little nephew, I bet he is a tiny one.
Congrats on your nephew! And also your running program sounds awesome! Good luck with it!
You know I'm up for running with you anytime, friend! It sounds like it IS time for a break from the choir.
Congrats on a new nephew! I've had quite a few new ones in my fam lately too. Very fun!
Post a Comment