Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mottos

My favorite niece-in-law (can I just refer to her as my niece?) challenged the readers of her blog to pick a motto for this year. I choose "Make good choices." I've been making a lot of bad choices lately--eating when I'm not hungry, watching tv instead of doing anything else, playing instead of working. I need to work on making good choices.

And I challenge the readers of my blog (ok, all three of you), should you choose to accept it, to come up with a motto for this year for you. What would you pick for a motto for this year?

Ok, time for the journal update. I have been doing a whole lot of nothing lately. At least, it feels that way. I took the Sister Missionaries out to dinner, I cleaned one bathroom in my house (I have 1 1/2), I go to my rehearsals on Thursdays, last Sunday we had a performance at a Why I Believe Fireside in Annandale VA, and I went Rock Climbing with my friend K. So I guess not too much 'nothing'.

This week I'm working on making tunics for a friend--her daughter is in a performance of Mulan, and they needed four more outfits for the chorus. They bought the most beautiful fabric--stuff I covet but usually manage to tell myself I really don't have a purpose for it and don't buy it. Well, now I do get to make this lovely fabric into tunics, using my most favorite pattern of all time. My Jedi pattern, of course. I love to make Jedi outfits for some crazy reason. I wonder if they'd let me keep one... but even if they don't, I'll have enough left-over fabric to make a couple or three vests. That will be fun. I shall have to take pictures if I do. I found some beautiful space fabric at the store when I was looking for fabric for another new project--I'll be making a 'round the world quilt with my church group. Except that they meet on Thursdays which is also rehersal, so I probably won't be able to join them until July. I may have it started before then, though. Like I said, I already have the fabric, and the woman in charge will be sending me the pattern :)

I was also thinking about those silly meme's that come around via internet sometimes. At church on Sunday they were talking about keeping a Family History, and I was thinking that those meme's, as a part of a journal, not a replacement for one, would be a good addition. Dated, so the reader knows when it was filled out (may be important). But still, those lists are a snapshot of our interests at a particular moment in time. That could be fun for someone to know in the future. Or even to look back on for ourselves. So send out those memes!

And let me know about your motto! If you pick one, that is.
Pleasant dreams of your favorite thing; me, I'm going with Hugh Jackman...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good motto! :) I am glad someone is going along with me!

Cami said...

Motto, motto . . . Don't procrastinate! Only, it seems I would break that one. Darn. Hmmm . . . Read More? no . . . I've got it!

Don't Worry About It!

That's right, I refuse to feel GUILTY for being "behind" on blogs, or book groups, or not being able to help out in children's classrooms, etc. It's all going to be ok.