Christmas was great. I went to South Carolina (again) to spend it with my sister and her family (again). I forgot my camera (again), but I did have my camera phone. The pictures didn't turn out that great, though. Here's a sampling:
Present Time!
Me and my new doll!
I took a really nice shot of Mama and Baby, but it didn't turn out so great, out of focus and a little over exposed. That will teach me not to take my camera.
I came back to MD to put in a couple days of work (I was out of vacation so have been borrowing from next year), then went to a Single Adult conference for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I met a couple nice guys at the dance on NYE, which encouraged me to attend the workshop part of the conference on NYD, so I could see them again. In daylight this time (yup, still cute). I did, however, go to the workshops on Smart Dating (and if you saw the alternatives you'd know why). One thing that struck me is that it takes about 2 years to get to know someone, especially if it's just through conferences and occaisional activities. Those quick, meet once and know the person is your true love experiences do happen, but more often than not they end up in unhappiness and divorce (or at least, that's true of the SA crowd. Hmm, the stats may be skewed (or is that screwed?)). Therefore, I'm going to take my time with my two new prospects. and if someone else comes along, for them or for me, I can be ok with that. Sounds good in theory, anyway. I know, it's only taken 20 years for me to get to this point.
The rest of the conference was about leadership, and how leadership really begins with me, whether or not I have someone to lead. And about controlling our thoughts. So it was a good conference.
On Saturday I went to see Sherlock Holmes and Avatar (I love doing double-features, even if theaters don't usually do them anymore and I have to arrange them for myself) with my friends. See reviews in side panel (yes, I liked them both, probably Avatar a little more than Sherlock Holmes).
Now it's time to return to real life and get my car maintained and Kitty a check-up, get my hair cut and clean my house (amazing how yucky it gets when one is sick for two months).
Oh, resolutions? I typically make four every year, one in each category:
Spiritual: attend temple once a month, read BoM four times (once each season, with a different focus in each)
Physical: exercise more, continue with Weight Watchers
Social: go to more SA activities (just because I'm not in charge anymore, doesn't mean I need to drop out of sight), make an effort to go out with friends more often.
Mental: practice controlling my thoughts, such that my mind doesn't wander when I'm supposed to be paying attention, at work, at church, or with my friends.
Wish me luck, and a Happy New Year to you!
1 comment:
Your resolutions sound good. Maybe I should take some of them. :)
Post a Comment