And I admit it. They did indeed take 4 wards and made... four more evenly-divided wards. Oh, and one ward got a new name. Catonsville became Ellicott City Ward, and recieved nice large geographical tracts of land from Columbia 1st and 2nd wards. they both turned around and recieved nice chunks of Savage Mill Ward (my ward). Savage Mill only lost people--about 60 families or so. I'm quite impressed that the ward websites are already up to date--just have to go in them to see which friends are missing.
Good news for me is that I still have my HT and one of my VT. The VT I lost (they come in pairs) was the one that never really came to visit anyway, so I'm ok with that. Our ward does need a new Single Adult Rep, though. Uh oh.
Very sad that our choir director and pianist are now in C1, too. I think everyone I offended in choir is now in a different ward, though, so I may risk returning to choir practice. As long as I can keep my big mouth shut (when it's not being used for singing).
So I'm thinking another couple or three years and we'll be going through this again.
In other news, I have been sick. Just a cold, not the flu, and right now it's just a rather bothersome cough that's most likely going to keep me out of a performance tomorrow night with the Washington DC Mormom Choir. Rats. I really wanted to go to the Interfaith Concert this year, too. The flip side is that I've lost 5 lbs since I got sick. That happens when all you do is sleep. I practically had to force liquids down my throat. My cat's not too happy with me, either. Apparently she doesn't like the hacking sound I make periodically. It startles her. I did find her collar, though--she took it off behind the couch. So now I'm wondering if I should put it back on her or not.
And obviously I'm still not making a lot of sense. I'll probably leave work early today, too. I left work early last Wednesday, slept through Thursday, came in for a little bit on Friday, then slept through Saturday. Made it to the Stake Boundary Change Meeting on Sunday, but you can bet I'd've stayed home if it had been a normal Sunday meeting schedule. My nursery kids don't need this, even if I suspect it was one of them that gave it to me! Today I'm at work mostly because I was bored at home. I have a couple things that need to be done today, so I did them, so now I'm just trying to get my mind to make sense. Too bad I'm really short of both medical and vacation leave. I think I coud still use a couple more days off... and not just because it's nice outside. I would spend it all laying down on either my bed or my couch. Doesn't that sound nice? I could open the windows and let Kitty outside.
2 comments:
William got a cold last week too. Maybe you both picked it up from the same source! He generously shared it with me and Nathaniel... He's great at sharing... germs. ;)
Glad we're still in the same ward!
Thank you SO much for the update. No one else will talk about it and we were dying to know. Sorry you are sick!
Post a Comment