Thursday, November 19, 2009

a trip to a Galaxy far far away... but first...

Apparently there *is* a Jacob doll. I'm going to have to go look...

Stiill sick, but going to the doctor today.

Last night was Amazing. My two friends came up from VA and we went to "STAR WARS: the Concert". It was great. We had dinner at the Paper Moon diner in Baltimore first--I recommend this restaurant to anyone. It has amazing decor--brightly painted walls, toys stuck to the walls and ceiling--evertthing from Star Wars action figures to baby dolls to barbies to mannequins cavorting on the ceiling. My friends enjoyed it every bit as much as I do.

The concert was in the First Mariner Arena, which is a basketball arena, but also used for cool things like concerts. It included the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, a giant screen, a laser show, and cameras that would focus in on the performers. They played 'concert suites' of all our favorites, from the Main Theme, to Anakin's Theme, to Padme's Theme, and on to Luke and Leia's themes--separate and together (the brother/sister theme as well as the individual themes). Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) was the host, and he did a marvelous job, up to and including the gold vest under his black suit coat. They even did an encore--the Empire Strikes Back theme, of course! I love when there are encores!

It was amazing. Kind a makes me want to go watch all six movies again. Maybe this year for New Years. I did that about 10 years ago for New Years, except that there weren't six movies at the time. Party at my house!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I LOVE the paper moon diner. One of my favorites. Maybe we should go there next weekend...