Just been hanging out, enjoying my new a/c, my new garbage disposal, and my FIOS works again (oh yeah, that went out too). Kitty is unhappy with me, at least I assume so since she attacked my hand last night when I tried to pet her. I should really know better. She's not a dog, she doesn't want attention until she's ready for it. I did email the cat people on the purina website, but they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Oh well.
Last weekend I saw HP in IMAX. Actually, not that impressed with the technological differences between the normal, theater version and this. The extra scenes they brag about are just the first 10 or so minutes in 3-D. More of a tease, if you ask me. Now if the whole thing had been in 3-D, that would have totally been cool. Don't misunderstand me, I really like the movie, but the larger screen and cool 3-D effects weren't worth the extra 5 bucks. In my opinion.
tonight I get to go see Julie & Julia. My friend at work called in to a radio station and got free tickets, and gave me two. My friend Helen will go with me. Haven't had a chance to really talk to her for a while, particularly since she just got back from her trip to Japan (and simply must tell me about it!). This weekend Shannon will come up and we'll go see G.I. JOE. So lots of movies, but not a lot else.
Also trying to build up time at work so when my nevvy comes on Aug 26 I can take some time off to play with him :D It's going to be so fun!! I have to keep reminding myself that the 10-hour days are for Erick... but it's worth it. And in about 2 years I'll be getting another week of vacation so that will help matters immensely.
2 comments:
That movie looks very funny. How fun to win tickets! I try those radio giveaways, but no luck yet. Enjoy!
I'm going to Julie and Julia on Friday and I went to HP in imax last weekend - we are on the same movie seeing schedule!:) I agree that HP was pretty much the same but much LOUDER in imax. If the whole movie could have been in 3D that would have been awesome!!
Post a Comment