Monday, January 12, 2009

What do I have to say?

Hmmm, realized it's been a while since I blogged. Again. I seem to have fallen off the blogging bandwagon. So I guess if you really want to know what's up with me, you'll just have to call or email me and ask.

But before I go...

I did this silly thing. The magic Acai berry--have you heard of this? It's supposed to help with weight loss. I succumbed and signed up for a free trial. Within 3 days I was walking around with a stupid smile on my face. Two days later, I realized something significant. I wasn't depressed. I have been depressed for so long I can't remember what it's like to not be depressed. Except that I certainly recognized it when I felt it. The weight of depression was just gone. I guess there's some magic to that berry after all, at least, for me. In a way it does help with weight loss--I no longer feel the need to sit around and eat and eat and eat. I actually want to get up and do things. It's kind of amazing. I was at a dinner a few weeks ago as part of a choir thing I was doing, and I actually talked to everyone at the table, got them to introduce themselves and everything. Something I used to be able to do and haven't done for years. years.

Most people who've met me in the last 9 years have no idea what I used to be like, before Mom died, before the depression hit, before my biological clock went haywire, all that stuff I had to deal with in the last decade. Lots of garbage. It may not be over, but it will be a lot easier to deal with if I'm not depressed all the time.

Let's hear it for magic berries!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Those berries sound great! I want some. Where do you get them? I'm so glad they are helping you. I think I heard Oprah mention them, didn't she? Enjoy your happiness!

Jenni said...

Hey those berries do sound awesome!! Yay!

Jann said...

I need some of those berries.

Anonymous said...

Yay for magic berries! I'm sorry you've had such a hard time. It makes me sad that you live so far away b/c I can't come cheer you up.

Cami said...

REally? Those berries work? Maybe I should try them. I'm glad they help you!

Corinne said...

WOW. That sounds kinda amazing.

Joni said...

I'm with everyone else here. I've used acai juice for smoothies but didn't notice any particular changes. I'm happy for you!