If you recall, I returned from Europe with a desire to join a semi-professional choir. I have since joined two--the first is a Single Adult choir through my church, open to anyone interested, performing Lex deAzevedo's Gloria in December. The second one was a bit harder. In August I auditioned for the Mormon Choir of Washington, D.C. I've been attending rehearsals, at their suggestion, every Thursday night since. And last night I found out for sure--I was accepted!! yay!
Of course this means I have to take a hiatus from the Thursday book club. I should be able to attend in January and next summer, though.
It also means that I have to find someone reliable on my Stake SA committee to run our potlucks a few times a year. That could prove to be very difficult.
But it also means that I can enjoy singing once more with a director who actually knows what he's doing. I can sing challenging music, and make friends, and go places and do things, and quite frankly I think it's going to be great.
Our first concert is October 18 at the Washington, D.C Temple Visitor's Center. Please come!! It's going to be fabulous!
7 comments:
Julia, that is AWESOME. Seriously awesome. I've always wanted to be a part of that - I'm thrilled for you :)
Congrats, Julia! I wish singing was one of my talents! I'll love coming and enjoy you sharing yours!
Yay for you!!! I'm so happy for ya!!
Congratulations! It's so fun to be part of a group. Especially when it's exclusive:)
How talented you are! Congratulations.
Totally cool!!! Congrats!!!!! I would love to hear you sing, but unforunately I live across the country. :)
So jealous! Have a great time singing, you talented alto!
Post a Comment