You know how sometimes people on your friend's list post about stuff going on in their life, and all of a sudden you think "Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???" And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-word answers seldom help anyone out. :)
1. First Name: Julia
2. Age: 40 (not as bad as I thought it would be)
3. Location: Laurel, Maryland
4. Occupation: Satellite Analyst. Yup, and I can sing, too ;)
5. Partner: None (I assume the cat doesn't count)
6. Kids: Other people's--and I can give them back when I'm done.
7. Brothers/Sisters: 4 of each:
- Blaine: wise older brother who's always there for a hug or a calm perspective in a crazy world
- Kathy: older sister, almost mom-like in the way she'd boss the rest of us, but mellowing a lot as she gets older
- Mike: older brother with Cliff Claven-like tendencies (sorry, mike!)
- David: the car guy in the family. Fun-loving, and family loving.
- Debi: the older sister I used to do everything with.
- Glen: the older brother I used to fight with (we get along ok now, though)
- Beckie: the younger sister I was able to visit a lot when she lived north of me (not so much anymore now that she lives more than 8 hours away by car)
- Dustie: the younger sister with a strong, independent spirit
8. Pets:Padme-Kitty; orange tabby who decided she lived in my house long before I agreed to it. Persistance pays off, though.
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
- Getting ready for my trip to Europe (Austria and Germany) next week
- Being in charge of the Single Adults in my church--not an easy task, especially since few people want to help out, and some of those that say they will don't.
- Getting ready for Shore Leave, MDRF, and any other escapist place where I don't have to face reality
- finishing off the never-ending project of requirements at work.
10. Where and for what did you go to school for?:
- Ricks College: to figure out what I wanted to do
- Utah State University: to get a degree in Physics so I could be an Astronomer
- University of Iowa: to get a Masger's degree in Astrophysics so I could become...a spacecraft analyst? Wait... but since the satellites I work on are astronomical in nature, it works for me.
11. Parents:
- Mom, Jeanette, passed away in 2000 of liver complications brought on by the pain medication she'd been taking for close to 20 years.
- Dad, Dave, 78, remarried to Nancy about 3 years ago, still playing his clarinet for three different bands and taking lots of trips.
12. Who are some of your closest friends?: Beckie, Dustie, Daely, Danja--oh, did you mean non-family friends? How about Autumn (5), Bonnie(8), Malena (5), Teralyn(8ish), Sheeyly (8), and loads of other kids I know? You want older people? Try Helen, Dina, Tess, Shannon, Clare, Mendy, Cami, Jenni, Corrine, Jim, Russ, Tim, Steve, Mike, Dash... I know if I keep going I'm going to forget someone. If you're reading this, you're most likely a friend of mine. *hugs*
3 comments:
You are cute to include all your blogging buddies! (Not that we're not friends in the real world . . . oh blogging . . .)
I liked reading all this. I didn't know you had 8 siblings! (since when . . . ?):)
Have fun in Europe.
This is so cool! I might steal it!
Have a GREAT trip! I'm soooo jealous!
:o) Kris
Post a Comment