I'm going on vacation tomorrow. I'm very excited. Last year about this time I got an email from my ldssingles email group about gathering a chior together to sing at the Passion for Music Festival in Oberammergau, Germany, in June 2008 (choir info here) . I was excited, and really wanted to go. So I decided I would. And I leave tomorrow.
We're meeting up in NYC tomorrow afternoon for rehearsals--it's the first time we will have sung together as a choir, although we've all had the music for about 2 months. Friday we're rehearsing all day together, and that night we fly away to Germany. We'll go to Austria first--Vienna and Salzburg. yes, I'm taking the Sound of Music tour! How could I not??? Then on into Germany, to Munich and Oberammergau. There will be several tours, and lots of places to get souveniers, and the final day will be the Festival, all day long, with choirs from all over Europe, and of course us. There's actually two choirs participating through this venture, I'm in the Chorale (I forget the name, I just know I signed up for the tour through Austria).
So basically I haven't been posting much because I've been trying to wrap up all the loose ends before I leave. I haven't really had an evening to myself--that I haven't stolen by cancelling whatever activity was there--in about 3 weeks. Funny how all these obligations show up right when I need time to get ready to leave. And practice my music. Which I wasn't able to do as much as I should have. Oh well. It will be a long plane flight...
I will be sure to blog and post pictures when I get back :D
Auf Wiedersehen!
5 comments:
Have a safe and very fun trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.
WOW! That is so great!! I hope you have the time of your life. And I hope that song will now be stuck in your head . . . :)
Oh how fun! I'm so happy for you. You're going to make so many great memories! Have a blast! Sound of Music tour -- I would love that!
Awesome!! I hope you are having a fabulous time!!
that's awesome, julia! i toured that area about 10 years ago. it's SO beautiful! it's weird to walk around salzburg and feel like you've been there because you watched "the sound of music" so many times.... :) i'm looking forward to your travel report!
Post a Comment