Monday, November 26, 2007

Scattered...

Hmm, haven't blogged for a while, as my Home Teacher mentioned to me last night. Yup, my Home Teacher found my blog, lol! This blog thing keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Anyways, I made a mistake in my last post. I actually have 27 nieces and nephews. Here's the breakdown (and yes, this is all from memory), from my oldest sibling to the youngest:
B&Y: 2 b, 1 g = 3
K&J: 1b, 1g = 2
M&J*: 4 g = 4
D&J: 3 b, 3 g = 6
D&R: 3b, 2g = 5
G&B: 2b, 1g = 3
B&D: 2b, 2g = 4

*I always feel like I should add the caveat that a) M&J are not married any longer, and b) 3 of the four g are Js from a previous marriage, but I don't really know why because M&J get along really well now and I still consider all the girls my nieces

Which makes 13 nephews, 14 nieces, for a total of 27. And one niece-in-law, and one great-nephew, and 3/4 great-unknown. I feel so blessed. The tradgedy is that they all live far away from me. So I make due with all my friends kids. So now I have over a hundred nieces and nephews!!! but don't ask me to list them... :D

I've been rather busy at work lately. Between that and generally going insane (a cyclic process most women can relate to), I haven't blogged much since Jack Jack was born. Two crises at work--one satellite went into safehold, and my other project went through yet another cost-cutting exercise that threatened my particular position. The satellite is better now; I wasn't able to help with recovery, but I was able to do all the daily tasks that needed doing and freed up the others to work on the recovery. The cost cutting exercise is continuing, but it doesn't look like my job will be cut. We worked it out to show that if they did their evil little plan they'd incur far more risk to the project than if they just kept things where they are. Silly NASA HQ thinking they can squeeze more blood from a stone. We've already cut out all the fat, where exactly are we supposed to cut from now???

Last weekend was really nice, though. Thursday/Thanksgiving I slept in and got some things done on my computer at home (which is still slower than molasses--time to take it to the Geek Squad, I think). Dinner was WAY fun--I went to Medieval Times with Jenni and her family. We got to see cute boys fight on horseback and off, lots of Sparks! (I love Sparks!), and lots of post-show flag fighting with the 4-year-old. So fun. The 8 year old was more mature about the whole thing, but we got in a few fights with her too :)

Friday I got up early and went to JoAnns, thinking "$1/yard cozy flannel" I did get enough for the backing of about 17 blankets, and a few tops, but most of the cute flannel was already picked out before I got there. I can always buy more of that later, though, and I have enough to see me through the current round of babies :) I had to wait in the store for almost 2 hours, though, and spent it most (un)wisely, looking throug the pattern books. I picked up fabric and patterns for two new dresses, and finally found a pattern for a shrug that I'd been looking for. so I spent way too much. But if I get busy, I should have new dresses for Christmas and New Years, as well as a new top and a couple more Christmas-themed vests. I'm so bad. I haven't even finished the Halloween vest I was making.

Saturday I rearranged furniture a little such that I now have a place to put my tree up. It also makes it easier for me to sew and watch tv at the same time, so hopefully this will encourage me to 'get busy'. Other than that, I wasn't feeling too well (related to the insanity mentioned above), so I stayed home and watched some movies.

Sunday was fairly normal--ward council, home to work on the computer some more, then back to church for four hours (choir practice, you know). The choir sang in sacrament meeting, and I thought we did rather well. After church I developed a splitting headache, so after my Home Teachers dropped by and I watched the 100th episode of Home Makeover, I headed for bed. I get a lot of headaches. I really should ask the doctor about that. Not migraines, just really bad, splitting headaches. I felt mostly ok this morning, though. Except now my throat hurts. Maybe I'm developing a cold...? But where would I have gotten it? JoAnns? I wasn't around many children in church, and a cold from there wouldn't develop for a couple more days...

Ok, you're caught up. I hope you had a merry Thanksgiving Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to go to Medieval Times. It's always nice to watch cute boys no matter what the season. I can't wait to see what you create with your new material. You have many talents I envy. The choir did sound great!

Jenni said...

Yay for Medieval Times - it was so fun!! I'm glad you got lots of fabric, but sad for you that all the cute fabric was taken! I think the sore throat thing must be going around - I have one too, oh I hope I wasn't the one who gave it to you! If so, sorry!

Corinne said...

I love sparks too! Xavey thought that was SO COOL, and yes, I must admit, I was really pleased that we got the green knight. It's always fun to be the "bad guys" for a while :)