Friday, September 7, 2007
dizzy, dopey, dreamy day
Had the worst dream last night. For some unknown reason I was living at my Dad's house (still had my berry-red Saturn ION, though). My sister, the one I really don't care for, had come to visit with her kids and a new baby. Not sure it's possible for her to *have* any more babies, but this was a dream; work with me here. She kept finding the lamest reasons to not let me hold her baby. I asked politely several times. She finally wrote me a rather nasty note saying that she would never trust me with her baby, that Dad had told her how I treated new-borns, and to stop asking. I was confused. I couldn't remember a time I had been anything but careful and sweet to babies, so I had no idea what my Dad had told her. He of course wouldn't tell me, and I remember thinking I needed to have them both talk to my friend Brenda, who did trust me with *her* baby. I woke up around that time, feeling a little sick at heart and more than a little like I had been drugged. Not sure what I ate last night, but no more eating after 9:00pm. The maisma has stuck with me all day long. I have to go give a presentation soon. Maybe I'll head over there early and try to get in a nap...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh dear! What a horrible day! Maybe they don't trust you with their "imaginary babies" (see Flight of the Conchords, "issues") and even then they are crazy. In your dream of course.
I hope your presentation went well!
What a horrible and vivid dream! I hardly ever remember so much detail, but that would make me sad too! I completely trust you with my babies - real and dream ones! :)
Do your sisters know there's one you don't care for? Well, they do now. I think you're wonderful with babies. Wish you sweeter dreams tonight!
Aren't dreams just the strangest things? Who knows where they come from! Anyone who has seen you with a baby knows you have nothing but love for them! Now, tell your subconscious that!
I hate it when dreams are just a little too real but not quite right. I hope the miasma cleared quickly and that the presentation went well.
I have a weird time with dreams like that too. Especially ones when I am back together with and old boyfriend or something. Hope everything went great at work!
Dustie here, a sister of Julia's. Wow, crazy dream, I just had one where you and I lived at Dad's again and I was taking a 5 hour nap. Crazy. And you're right, that sister can't have any more children, so no worries.
Post a Comment