Monday, September 10, 2007

a little bit of this and that

thanks, everyone, for the support on Friday. Considering what Kellie was going through, I really have no right to complain, as Joni says. And yes, of my four sisters, the one mentioned knows who she is. My brother (who reads my blog but rarely comments) knew exactly who she was. A much kinder person than I am, I'm afraid, as he always says that she means well. Yeah, right, tell that to my ex-sis-in-law that my lovely sister tried taking her kids away from. Like I said, Mike is a much better person than I am.

My presentation went... well, at least it's over now. Sort of. It was the 'dry-run' for the 'flip-thru' that happens just before the real thing, so I only have to do it two more times. Lucky me, I get to cover one of the very few hot topics, and the only real 'red' risk that we're carrying right now. Sigh. So my presentation went longer than it should have, but mostly because we had to go over the entire commissioning timeline and make sure we really did not fit into the 45 days we've been allotted. So I get to work on the presentation some more this week and try to fix the flaws in it.

Saturday I overslept again--I'm sensing a theme here. I did make it to my RPG group before they killed all the undead that we were fighting, so that was something. We managed to destroy the Heart of Darkness that we were after, although it was so hot in my freind's sunroom my friend started being concerned I might get heat stroke or something. I used to refer to myself as a Child of the Desert, but I may have been in Maryland too long. Or maybe I just really needed to eat some salt since all I was drinking was water and I may have flushed out my system. Probably a good thing I did not go to the RenFest then. Went home and mowed my lawn--after sunset. Watched Capricorn One, which I hadn't seen before. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was really good. Far more suspenseful than I was expecting.

Sunday I did NOT oversleep--I made it to ward council, to church, to my meeting in Germantown, and then home again where I worked over my finances and realized that I simply must not spend any money this week (I get paid on Friday). I still blame the dogs--not without good reason. The Good Dog Rescue person I was working with told me they had torn up my check. Well, they hadn't. They cashed it. I didn't have enough surplus to cover it, so my overdraft protection kicked in (there's a reason I have it set up that way). So now I have to figure that out.

So not a terribly crazy weekend, but after stepping on the scale Sunday morning and realizing I gained 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks, I have three new goals. 1) add exercise back into my life. 2) Portion control! 3) go to bed earlier! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Those goals sound like good ones to me. I could use them too. I hope it is okay I just added you to my blog!

Jenni said...

I didn't know you play RPGs! You'll have to tell me which one. Glad you got all those undead! :) Good luck with your goals!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a soap opera with your siblings. Isn't it amazing how fast the weight comes on and yet to get it off seems like an eternity? So frustrating. Best of luck on your goals!

Cami said...

Good luck! Those are three of my goals too, and I'm not too good at them.

Good luck with that presentation too. That sounds like a nightmare.

Kellie said...

At least life just goes on, Julia. You can always count on the support. Hugs to you. A nice fresh goal is a great way to get the juices flowing.

Corinne said...

GOOD LUCK! I have an ever-other-week conversation with Clint that goes like this: I tell him, "You may not spend any more money until Friday". Thank heavens for direct deposit :)