Tuesday, September 25, 2007

happy birthday to me!

I have a little song running around in my head:

Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday,
Happy Birthday to me!


I bought some cake last night at the store, and I'm going to make dinner for me tonight and eat cake and ice cream (Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee--oh, so yummy!)tempting to cut out of work early and go out to eat but I think I really should go to an HOA meeting this evening so might as well stay here).

I had a party of sorts, my friends had me over for games cookies and ice cream last Friday night (so fun!) and I got to go to the Ren Fest on Saturday with one of the same friends and her family. The 5-year old REALLY loved Fight School (I knew he would *g*) and I got to keep the 7-year-old for a while just me and her. That was very fun. We went to see Robin Hood, the Joust, and E Muzeki before wandering back towards the gate and looking through all the shops. I even bought two shirts from a Master Weaver. I'm going to have to get some more next time I go, I love them!

Sunday was normal--got up early enought, but then took a nap (I ask you, a NAP??? I AM getting old!) so I still was late to choir practice. Was starving by the end of church, but was fortunately assisting in Sunbeams and they had snacks so I didn't die. Got home (still starving) and had leftover pizza (from the night before--yum!) which is really good warmed up in the toaster oven, I must say.

Monday I had a raging headache by the time I got home so I didn't do a whole lot. I did manage to watch the three tv show premiers on NBC last night, though, and I liked them. Chuck was funny if a little predictable--loved seeing Jayne from Firelfy again (I know he has a real name but I forget it--oh yeah, he's a Baldwin). Heroes is going to be good this season, I can just tell. I love Hiro! I think he's my favorite! Journeyman was really good too--I wasn't sure if I would like this one or not, but I do. So my Monday night viewing schedule is now 'set' :)

Tonight after the meeting I'm going to come home and maybe watch Lincoln Heights. I mostly liked it last year, but I don't know about this year. It's basically a show about a family but gets a little scarey since it deals with them trying to make their neighborhood better (it's a really bad neighborhood--the dad is a cop and got a deal from the city to be able to afford a nice house there). Then I'm going to tape Eureka (sci-fi channel) and watch House. I never really know what to expect from House, but this year one of the (probably temporary) characters is supposed to be LDS, and I just want to make sure they do it right. Interesting that Mormons have been showing up on TV lately. Very. Even Gilmore Girls had a couple LDS references.

So nothing crazy, but I am in a much better mood than I expected. The Prozac musb be working *g*. I may go to dinner and a movie on Friday night, and go someplace where they sing to you for your birthday. I think that would be fun. Anyone want to come?

4 comments:

Mendy said...

Happy Birthday, Julia! Did you check your email earlier? I sent you one. Anyway, have a fabulous day!

Jared - Christina said...

Happy Birthday from me too! :) I'm so glad I have you as a friend!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Julia!! Wish I was there to celebrate! I hope you have a great day.

Jann said...

Happy birthday Julia. It was fun to play life and wackee six with you.