Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My life as a movie...

Complete this sentence: If my life were a movie . . .
Our heroine would be a smart, strong, capable woman who has to save the world by being smart, strong, and capable.
It would most definitley NOT be a love story
It would most likely be either sci-fi or fanstasy.

There would be dragons. Lots of dragons to fight and overcome. And everytime the heroine thinks she's getting close to her goal, turns out there are more dragons.

In the end she does reach her goal, right before she dies. From saving the world. Again.

If my life movie had a sountrack, the songs would include (20 song maximum):
California Girls (Beach boys--this is my theme song)
Walking on sunshine (katrina and the waves)
Everybody Hurts (R.E.M.)
Shiny Happy People (R.E.M)
Here I stand and face the rain (A-Ha)
Changes (David Bowie)
Heavenly Father Loves me (no particular artist)
Wild Wild West (The Escape Club)
I'll Walk with God (from "The Student Prince")
Don't Cry Out Loud (can't remember the artist, mostly I just play this one on the piano)
I think it's going to rain today (Bette Middler, "Beaches" soundtrack)

The actors who would play the roles in my life would be:
Me: Barbara Stanwyck (from the 30's--hey, the rules don't state that they have to still be living!)
Parents: Rosalin Russel and Danny Kaye
Siblings: David Cassidy, Susan Dey, Danny Bonaduci, Greg from the Brady Bunch, Marsha from the Brady Bunch, Bobby from the Brady bunch, Cindy from the Brady Bunch, and the little girl from the Partridge Family (Tina?)--and yes, this is in order, leaving me out because I'm being played by Barbary Stanwyck.
Friends: you can be played by whoever you prefer, leave me a comment!
Love interest: Robert Urich (from Spencer for Hire, not SWAT)

3 comments:

Cami said...

Nice job! I love the dragons. In your life movie, I'll be Natalie Portman. That seems about right.

Jenni said...

I am a big REM fan so I love those song picks! Everybody Hurts was definitely one of the songs from my high school soundtrack. Love your movie!!

Mendy said...

WOW! This is a really cool post, Julia, but the mere prospect exhausts me. I love all your sibling picks. Very funny.