I checked with PetSmart/PetsHotel and with my vet, and both were fully booked for Memorial Day. My vet gave me two references, and the first one had space for my boys! What a relief! I may end up paying an extra day to give me time to get home and settled (and because I know I won't be back in time to pick them up when the place wants me to pick them up), but I think that's ok.
Yes, I am going away Memorial Day weekend, to once again go to the Liberty Single Adult conference in New Jersey (just across the river from Philadelphia). I am so crazy. My friend Tess is coming with me, so this will be better than the last two years when I went by myself and stayed by myself but at least was able to get some sleep. This should be fun. And I don't have to worry about my dogs.
Who are still in their crate most of the time. I tried letting them out and they chewed up my couch in the basement. I think they may be ready for some more freedom, though. I'll be borrowing a baby gate from a friend and see how they do in the kitchen with food and water and a place to snuggle. If they're really good I'll only take them down to be in the crate for night time.
I can't believe it's been almost two weeks! I hope they forgive me for putting them in a kennel next weekend!
4 comments:
Don't worry too much abour your little pooches, Julia. They'll survive a weekend in a kennel while you get to play! I hope you have fun!
Like the new blog look Julia! I'm glad you were able to find a place for your puppies!! I hope your conference in NJ is lots of fun this year! :)
Finding a babysitter is such work, isn't it :) I hope your conference is great!
I think the kitchen is a good idea! I hope you have a good little rest away from your puppies, I'm sure they'll be fine.
Post a Comment