Thursday, March 22, 2007

Pumpkin Cookies!!

A friend gave me this recipie:

1 box spice cake mix
1 normal-sized can of pumpkin (does not need to be spiced)
1 cup raisins (ok, I use raisens, she uses chocolate chips)

Mix. bake in oven at 375 for 15 minutes. YUMMY!!!

I was having a bad day yesterday, so when I finally got home last night (after my haircut and a framing party), I made cookies. And I watched Lost. Which totally blew my 'NO TV THIS WEEK' goal. I spend too much time watching tv, so I tried to cut it out of my life this week. Failed that one. Failing my diet too. Although these cookies are only 220 calories/ 25 g fat per serving (which is 3 cookies). How can you go wrong with that??

5 comments:

Jann said...

So sorry you had a bad day yesterday. There is nothing like comfort food, and comfort tv.

Jenni said...

Those cookies sound wonderful - I think I'll go for the chocolate chips though. I'd say you get to have cookies and tv after a bad day with no guilt (just MHO)! :)

Here's that crazy fudge recipe I mentioned. (BTW this does not work out for any type of diet, but that's what makes it sooo good :))



Chocolate Cheese Fudge

1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, sliced
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts), optional
2, 16 ounce boxes powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Spray lightly the bottom of a 9” square pan with Pam. In a sauce pan over med heat melt the cheese and butter together, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and nuts. In large bowl sift together the sugar and cocoa. Pour the cheese mixture into the sugar and cocoa mixture and stir until completely mixed. The candy will be very stiff. Using your hands remove candy from bowl and press evenly and firmly into pan. Because of the amount of the butter in this recipe, pat the top of the candy with a paper towel to remove the excess oil(ha! that tells you how bad it is if you need to wipe off excess oil!!). Place pan in refrigerator until candy is firm. To serve cut into squares.

Cami said...

Aha! So THIS is your new blog site! I haven't been here because I had the wrong address for so long. Anywho, good to catch up on your blog again.

Corinne said...

those cookies sound GREAT!!

Julia said...

Mmmm, can't wait to try the fudge, Jenni--thanks! And :::waves to Cami::: Glad you found me!

I felt much better on Thursday--it was probably the cookies :)