Tuesday, March 27, 2007

dogies dogies everywhere!

Went to a Pet Expo last weekend with some friends in VA. It was fun, and now I want my doggie! Or two! I'm going to get a small dog, probably a Llassa Apso or a Westie. Since I'm gone so much, I may get two dogs, so they can keep each other company. I'm going through either a Shelter or a Rescue group, and I'm getting an older dog (I really don't have the time or patience for a puppy). So many applications to fill out! Anyone want to be a reference for me? I have my friend from VA and Charlie Miller, but they typically want three references. They can't be family members, either (which is kinda bad, since my family are the only ones that have seen me with dogs).

And then I'll have fun 'child' stories to tell!!

4 comments:

Jann said...

I'll be a reference. We tried the dog thing a few years ago, and it did not work with my kids. I felt so bad for the dog. We have decided we are cat people. They can take on the kids any day and win. Good luck in finding the perfect dogs.

Jenni said...

I think its a great idea to find grown dogs - the whole up in the middle of the night with a puppy thing sounds awful (its hard enough with a baby... :)). I hope you find wonderful doggies!

Corinne said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Brenda said...

We talk about getting a dog someday, I don't think now though. It just wouldn't work with my house and kids...(:
Sounds like a fun though!!