I have been doing a lot of traveling lately. Kitty is not pleased
Last month I went to a meeting in Colorado Springs for work. It was my first time there (the time we passed through when I was 13 doesn't count, though I do have a desire to go to Garden of the Gods again), so there was a bit of a learning curve. I stayed in a hotel directly across the street from where the meeting was being held, so that was kind of nice. The best part was, I was able to see my friends Jenny and Adrian from Maryland, who had moved to Colorado years before. That was really great.
After I got back, like the day after, I flew out to Maryland for my friend's wedding. This was my first time back since I moved, and it was like I'd never left. I saw many of my friends, work and church friends, and even went down to VA to see Shannon. The guys at work were so pleased to see me, and still miss me (apparently no one else is willing to do the tours we get asked to participate in). If I'd stayed, I'd probably be the mission operations manager (MOM) for a satellite called CAT. Perfect, right?
I saw so many friends at the wedding and the reception, and was able to get caught up on their lives and whatnot. And even danced a little :)
When I returned I got sick. Of course. It was my body's usual response to infection, so I had everything on hand I needed to combat it. Missed a couple days of work, though. And my Primary class, though it was my co-teacher's turn to teach.
I had a couple weeks off, which included Memorial Day. I went over to see my Dad perform at the Ontario Bellevue Memorial park - they always do a patriotic concert there. My brother Blaine was there too, so that was fun.
Then I went off to Tucson, AZ for the Open House of the new Tucson, AZ LDS Temple. I went on a Saturday to play with my sisters Kathy and Dustie. We'd planned the trip out, and Dus had some quilts to tie, so they did that as I drove out, completing 4 quilts in 2 days, leaving the 5th for me to help with on Monday morning. Since we were there, Kathy asked us to participate in a Sacrament Meeting Special Musical Number, Beautiful Savior, an arrangement by my nephew Ryan. Unbeknownst to us, our niece Danja was in Tucson for a Missionary Reunion, so they surprised us by showing up at church. So much fun. She and her former companion had no plans for the afternoon, so they were quickly invited to join us at Kathy's house for dinner and games. It was a good day.
Monday was the Open House. The new temple is beautiful, inside and out. We went in the afternoon, just as it started (!) getting really hot. I always feel like I'm being baked in Tucson. Afterwards we went to Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2 (we'd watched Volume 1 the night before). I'd seen it, but my sisters hadn't, and Ryan joined us as well. Then, of course, we went for ice cream. So it was a very good, fun trip.
This week I just returned from another work trip to Colorado Springs. No side-trip to see Jenny and fam this time, since they all had colds, but I managed. The meetings went well - two days of them this time--and I got to take some telecons with one of my colleagues who lives there but who I also work pretty closely with.
Next week I'm off to Las Vegas to meet up with my college roomies Lisa and Cindy. We're going to see Donny and Marie!! And celebrate Lisa and I turning 50 (!) this year (she turned in March, I turn in Sept).
That should be it for about 3-4 weeks, though. There is talk of another work trip at the end of July, but nothing's planned just yet. yay, I get to spend a hot month at home with no air conditioning. Totally going to have to figure out how to put up my AC window unit - it was designed to work with up/down windows, not side-to-side window openings. Maybe I'll get my brother Blaine to help me think of something... :)
Best part about being in California: seeing family whenever I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment