Thursday, June 18, 2015

14 and counting


So here's my progress update.  Memorial Day weekend I went through all my clothes and even my fabric stash.  Women from church picked through my fabric and took what they wanted, then the majority of the rest of it went to the Drama Club.  Whew!

Went a little nuts pulling things out of the drawers..



...and the stuff from downstairs...
...and of course the closets.


This is Kitty, supervising.
 That first weekend I had 6 bags and one box ready to go.  I can set up a pickup by Purple Heart (http://www.purpleheartpickup.org/) and they will come get it so I don't have to schlep it all around town (I've found Salvation Army tends to be very picky, Goodwill not so much, but this helps the veterans, so really, they win)

First fruits of my labor

I had the next weekend 'off' where I actually went to Arizona to see my niece.  She's serving a mission in Arcadia, California, Spanish speaking.  It was her birthday that weekend too!

The family - Anna, Kathy, Ryan(back), Dad, Dustie, David, and me. Joan took the picture.
Kathy had us sing in church, after Annie spoke.  Obviously I couldn't get a recording of that, but I did get one of our rehearsal (sorry for the poorish quality):




The next weekend was Book Weekend.  My living room looked like a used bookstore.  Kitty wasn't too pleased.  Neither was I. Interestingly enough, while all those books were cluttering up my room I really started feeling bad, like all my energy was locked up.  Once I got rid of them, though, it was like my energy was released, and things returned to normal.  Fascinating.

Anyone want some books?
 Had some friends come over and pick through them, took a lot to the Sci-Fi Book club at work, mailed some to my niece, and the rest, well...
Three boxes of books, four bags (stuff from the previous decluttering of clothes)
Here's hoping the Purple Heart Foundation doesn't get tired of me.

I've also started getting these 'KitNip' boxes for my cats.  June's had a lot of space-themed toys, including a rocket ship of catnip:

Kitty and her new toy
She loves it. Though I am getting a little overwhelmed with cat toys.  I may have to stop the next couple of shipments.

And just in case you forgot about my other cat, here's a picture of Anakin looking adorable.  Please excuse the floor.  This is why I'm going to have the carpet in the basement replaced.  And not with carpet, either.  Vinyl or tile flooring.  Something easy to clean.  And with a little give, so it can be my exercise area.

Ani, my little attention-seeker


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Love it, Julia! Love your motivation and really, really love your adorable critters! Blog on, girl!