Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I am strong.

I have a couple fun things that I need to blog about - a meeting in Downtown DC to listen to the Principle Investigator for the New Horizons mission that's less than a year away from Pluto (it was a year when I went).  I went to Salt Lake Comic Con, which was so fun.  Exhausting and fun.  And the inaugural trip of the Museum Group I started with some friends.

However, today I just wanted to pop in, let you know I'm still alive, and show you this:


This was taken today, October 14, 2014.  I started personal training a year ago (a bout a year and two weeks ago).  I am strong.  I am lifting two 20 kg kettlebells - just under 90 lbs.  First time ever.  Ok, second time ever :)

My Precision Nutrition journey has stalled - I got side-tracked by stress about 3 months ago and it took a while for me to recover.  I'm still working on that.  But I have my habits to work on, so we're ok.  I will be making measurable progress again soon.

Now I need to stop being a slug at home and get around to those projects I've been meaning to do.  I had a guy from Lowes out yesterday to measure my back door to get it replaced.  I really want to redo my basement but don't have the means at the moment.  I did, however, finally replace the badly bent bed frame on my bed.  It's taken some time to get used to sleeping flat again :)

I also have several small sewing projects and about 4 major ones that I want to start working on - a new hobbit dress/outfit, a top, a quilt, and a cover for my swing in the back yard.

The new TV season has started, and I've started culling my tv shows.  Realized that I shouldn't be watching Revenge even as I told my nieces they shouldn't be watching it.  Nothing good happens to the people in that show.  And they all behave badly, even the good ones.  Dropped Forever just because their world-building left a lot to be desired.  Added The Flash and Scorpion, though.  Pretty sure The Flash will last, a little worried about Scorpion.  Considering dropping NCIS and the new NCIS New Orleans.  both really good shows, but I'd rather spend my time watching other things.  Like Person of Interest and Chicago Fire.  Did drop Chicago PD, though.  My heart just wasn't in it.  I do know the characters, though, so the crossovers will be ok.

Ok, back to my regularly scheduled work day.  Have fun!

2 comments:

victoria said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beckie Hales said...

I completely do not understand the first comment. Anyway, congrats! I cannot lift anywhere near that much! Glad to hear things are going better and you're attacking those projects. Hooray for productive days! Wish they would come my way...