Anyway, for Thanksgiving I went back up to the beach house in NJ that my friends own.
![]() |
| Remember this view? |
That Wednesday night we went out on the roof and watched the shadow of the earth rise in the east:
![]() |
| Earth's shadow |
![]() |
| Sunset |
Thanksgiving day was spent getting ready for the feast (ok, I kind of bailed and watched the baby, but as any good parent will tell you, that's a huge deal). I did help with the beans, though, and I did make my family's traditional cherry cream pie. Yum! Didn't have to call Dustie this year either!
All their local family came, plus some who were visiting. It was nice to see them again (I'd met them 2 years ago when I came here before). After dinner Helen, Glen (not my brother, the guy married to Jim's sister Kathy--freaky how many of their names are the same as my family's names) and I walked up to the lighthouse. On the way we saw that some people had already put up their Christmas lights
![]() | |
| Christmastime begins after Thanksgiving dinner |
![]() |
| Barnegat Light Lighthouse - a functioning lighthouse. |
Friday I spent making ornaments (sorry, no pictures), and Saturday we came home. Got home early enough for me to get several things done even. It was a nice holiday. Kelly kept apologizing for her (very loud) kids, so I finally said, "Why do you think I come?" Just teasing, but I still believe holidays are better with small children. So much more fun.





1 comment:
Holidays ARE so much more fun with children. Although, much more stressful. : )
Post a Comment