Wednesday, December 18, 2013

An Update

greetings!

I hope you've enjoyed the last two posts about a couple trips I took.  So what else have I been up to? 

Work is going pretty well.  We had a Ground Software Load about a month ago that keeps causing us problems.  The vendor has been told, but there's not a whole lot we can do about it at this point.  If necessary we could go back to the previous release, but we're not to that point just yet.  Soon, though.  If they don't come through, it will be very soon.

Three holiday parties at work in the last two weeks.  Kind of a lot, but I was good for the most part. Mostly.  I did bring a salad to one of them.  Ran into some people from Drama Club at the Department Party.  It's good to see them, but also good for me to be unfettered at the moment.

Church - I got released from Librarian and now I'm - wait for it - in PRIMARY!!!!  I've been kind of lobbying for this for a while.  The whole Primary presidency knew of my desire, and I even talked to the Bishop about it acouple times.  Yes, I know we're not supposed to ask for callings, so I didn't ask, I just said things like, "Can I go back to Primary?" or "I heard you released the Primary Chorister, did you know that I've done that calling before??"  Apparently my name had been approved by my tithing settlement when I asked if I could go back to Primary.  Bless his heart, the Bishop didn't even give me a clue, just said he'd keep it in mind.  No, I don't have an official class  yet, but I am helping out with the CTR-5's until the end of the year.  Cuz there are like 10 kids and the teacher really needs another adult in the room.  They're all really good kids, though.  They can't split the class because there are no more available class rooms (who's bright idea was it to build a small, phase-3 building in an area where there are so many families transplanted from Utah--i.e. lots of kids).  I may get my own class in January or team-teach one.  Either way, I'm thrilled to be back with the kids.

Home - I'm still in the midst of Christmas prep.  I had all my presents bought and then realized I need two more.  Argh!!!  That's ok.  I'll wrap and package the ones I have tonight, then tomorrow night I can get two more gift cards.  I'm thinking Barnes & Noble.  I have my Christmas letter all ready to send, and the majority of my Christmas address list printed out.  There are a few I'm going to have to hand-print, but that won't be bad.  I do need to get some stamps, though.  Probably when I mail the packages at some point tomorrow.

My personal training is going well.  I'm going to be continuing through all of next year, as well as starting Precision Nutrition - it's a program with lots of coaching that's going to help with the other aspects of my life, as well as providing home workouts for me.  Since this will be helping out my personal trainer (who did this in 2012), she's giving me a break on the cost of the PT.  And gives me a person to report to as well as the online coaches.  Let's see if I can finally change my lifestyle and behaviors in 2014.  Because at the end of 2014 I'm going to New Zealand.  I'm going to climb Mt Erebor for real.  And it's going to be AWESOME!!

1 comment:

Beckie Hales said...

Wow! Other than software issues, it sounds like everything is going so well! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas - we miss you!