Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Let him see you cry"

So.  I had to deal with this really hard thing last week.  I put up a post on facebook to ask for prayers and good thoughts (for those who don't pray) sent my way.  And it really helped.  In the middle of an emotional meeting with me, the person I was in conflict with, and a moderator (who was a friend of both of us), the person began once again to do the thing that scares me, and I told him "that's not relevant" then hid my face in my hands, even as the moderator was saying essentially the same thing.  And I heard a quiet, detatched voice in my head say, "Let him see you cry."  So I did (it wasn't that hard, I was about 2 millimeters away from crying anyway).  I did try to tell them they could leave, but the moderator wisely had them both stay until I could get myself under control.  It was a very hard thing, and afterwards, once my work was done, I actually left work and went home and took a nap.  I was pretty wiped out.  However, I think the person finally got that I wasn't coming from where he thought I was coming from.  I think we can move forward now.  I think a big part of why is the support I got from my friends and family on facebook.  I believe that the Holy Ghost told me to let him see me cry.  After I composed myself I was able to tell him that I thought he was going to threaten me again, and that's why I got scared and started to cry.  He was appalled to learn that I was afraid of him.  Apparently he's never been angry with someone who wouldn't fight back before.

I just wanted to document this somewhere, and let those who read my blog and my facebook posts that it really, really did help.

Now back to your regularly scheduled blog reading.

2 comments:

Beckie Hales said...

I am so sorry that you even had to go through that, but I sincerely hope that it will help. A lot. Lots of love bubbles heading your direction!

Jann said...

Sometimes that is the only way to reach a world hardened man. It is rare to see a woman be vulnerable. That took quite a bit of courage. I think I know who this was with from previous conversations we have had. I am sorry have been absent as a vt. If you have some free time, I would love to have a visit.