Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ack!

Kind of how I feel right now.  I've got like three more projects to do at home, stuff to do at work, a hair-cut tonight, and I'm just getting over a cold.  Which would all be fine and dandy but I'm leaving for the Trip of the Century in about 27 hours.  Ok, maybe it's only the Trip of the Decade, or even Trip of the Year.  Or maybe just the 2012 Christmas Trip.  I'm going to Utah to spend Christmas with my sister and her family, then I'm going with her and her girls to my brother's house in St George, and then the next day my brother's family is going down to California to see my Dad (and maybe Disneyland), and there's a baby shower for my great-nevvy Grayson (who's still in the hospital, poor guy), and then some time spent with my oldest brother and his family, and then going to the Tournement of Roses Parade in Pasadena on New Year's Day.  Then flying back the following day and taking the third day off just because I get in really late the night before.  I might go to work on Friday, I'll let you know.  If I remember.

I did go see The Hobbit, midnight showing, with my friend Kellie.  It was way fun.  We had dinner with our other friend Jann first, which was also great.  I loved the movie, I thought it was great.  I totally need to go see it again.  I'd write a revew but my blog is giving me fits right now.

Work is going well, the little Van Allen Probes are gathering so much data the scientists are just falling over in excitement.  And we're losing some data, but that's only because they're taking way more than they said they would (and it's only one instrumnet of the five).

Drama Club is also going well.  We had a read-through/recording of the play last night with everyone--ok, most everyone.  They all have their scripts and are now going to learn all their lines before rehearsals start on January 15th.  which reminds me, I need to get the locations of the rehearsal's out...

Christmas prep is... well.... going...   I did get all the presents mailed.  I decided to skip decorating since I'm going to be gone for so long, but since I keep my Hummel Nativity up all year round, that kind of counts.  I still want to do Christmas Cards, but they may be mailed from Utah.  And I have a few more things I need to make or aquire for my sister's family (I know, I know, I don't have to, but it's fun!).  And I have absolutely no time.  Except for maybe on the plane.  Or as I wait for the plane.  Sounds like a plan, yes?

Oh, and last Saturday went to the Walter's Museum in Baltimore with Shannon and Clare.  We saw an exhibit on Africans in Rennaissance Art.  It was really interesting.  I quite enjoyed it.  Then we had to go look at all the Samauri swords and artifacts (Shannon likes sharp pointy things).  Afterwards we had dinner at Cafe Hon, and it was delicious.  Gordon Ramsay did a good job cleaning it up and making the food wonderful.  I love little places like that.

2 comments:

Beckie Hales said...

Maybe on the plane, huh? Sounded like you were just reading, and reading...so glad you got here safely!!! And already having so much fun!

urducell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.