So, the title of this post is randomness. I have some things I've been thinking about that I would like to throw out to the world. First up, politics.
I have several, if not many, politically minded friends on Facebook. On both sides. So I see lots of posts putting down the other guy, or building up the favorite guy. This has given me a lot to think about. I tend not to post my opinions because I find most people are not interested in my opinion, they'd much rather just point out how wrong I am and then try to convince me of their right-ness. Very annoying. This is actually why I tend not to say much in any situation, I've been programed to think that no one is very interested in what I have to say, so I keep quiet. But I digress.
I am a Democrat. I don't like the idea of an all-pervasive central government trying to regulate my life. I feel that the middle-class needs to be shored up and that 'trickle-down' economics doesn't work. Mostly because those in charge of doing the 'trickling' decide to plug any leaks and keep it all for themselves. We've seen a lot of that over the last several years. That being said, I'm seriously tempted to vote for Mitt Romney in this upcoming election. Why? you may well ask?
- I see Obama as a weak president who is unable to affect change in the country
- Obama's policies seem to be pushing us toward socialism, and I prefer democracy
- Mitt Romney is a Mormon. This is not a valid point to many people, but to me it is. I know what he believes in, as I believe it myself. I know what his values are, which I also value. Plus as a Mormon he believes as I do that the Constitution of the United States is a sacred document that needs to be protected. Like I just said, I prefer democracy
- The country is about to tank no matter who is in charge, again largely due to Obama's policies. Let's get him out of office before he does any more damage. True, Romney will probably take the blame if he gets elected, but only if he doesn't manage to pull us out of it. Reagan did it, Romney may be able to as well.
My second random thought has to do with mid-life crisis'. I'm thinking I'm probably old enough to have one now, but then I remembered that I kind of already did. To me, a mid-life crisis is what happens when one realizes that their life isn't exactly what they had planned. Then they freak out and try to fix it. I had this realization some time ago, and while I didn't freak out I certainly got depressed. I'm doing much better now. And I take a lot of trips to see my family. And even took a trip to Europe. Gotta repeat that one!
I ought to include at least one more random thought before I close. My spacecraft are doing great! What little troopers they are! We're almost 2/3ds of the way through commissioning, and so far everyone is thrilled. Except for the planning software, which still needs a lot of work. I've been on night shift the last couple weeks, and let me tell you, I think my body thinks it's back on California time. Sleep in late every day, take naps, and then up all night. Or mostly all night, anyway. My poor kitties are so messed up. I'm there during the day but gone at night. Ani doesn't really like that I've messed with his routine this way. Kitty is just mad that I spend all my time at home sleeping. But it is helping with the weight loss, I must say. I'm usually too tired to overeat when I get home, so I just stare at the tv until I can convince myself to go to bed.
All right, enough for now. Have a nice day! And remember, comments are love! :D
1 comment:
Totally agree with the political comments. Mid life crisis? I don't think you have to be at a certain age to have one...and I am very glad you're coming out to see us so often! And I'm also very happy for your spacecraft and your weight loss. Go, Julia!!!
Post a Comment