Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sigh...

This week is the reason why I decided to not audition for the summer play.  Four days spent working on a spreadsheet, due yesterday but after 12 hours of trying to work on it, play my part in the Mission Simulation, and going to an hour and a half meeting, I finally gave up, went home, spent some time with my cats, and went to sleep.  Today was a get-up-early-and-get-it-finished day, along with two telcons this morning (and two more this afternoon) after which my slides for our review next week are due.  And the two documents that need to go with it.  Ok, only one document needs to go with it, the other one is for my other project, and my task leader wants me to make THAT my priority.  Because it's due too.  Gonna be another rough night.

In the meantime...  My niece got married!  Natalie, in Utah.  (no, I couldn't go, stupid work/review dry-run/airplane prices).  I understand it was wonderful.  In the pictures she is so beautiful.

AND... my other niece had her baby!!!  Of course, the baby was 3 1/2 months early, but little Baby Grayson is doing well, holding his own.  And has gained about 5 oz so he's now 2 lbs.  Yeah, tiny, but doing so well for 3 weeks old!  Although, since he was a premie, does that mean he's really -11 weeks old?  I've been asking a lot of mothers of premie babies about their experiences.  It's heartening.  Although I haven't run into anyone with a baby that early yet.  That may just be because the technology just wasn't there a few years ago.  What an amazing time we live in, huh?

Ok, so cute cat story.  Last night I was in the kitchen putting Ani's dinner together (Kitty already had hers) when I heard this little mewling sound.  Ani was asking for his dinner.  So I went and gave it to him.  He was out from under the couch when I came downstairs--he shouldn't have been starving, I wasn't THAT late, but he was brave enough to watch me put out his treats.  Mostly.  He still runs if it looks like I might be getting close to him.  It's been almost 2 years since I got that little boy.  It's been a difficult road, and definitely life-changing.  If only a) he would stop running at Kitty like a little black train and b) Kitty would accept him as a friend, things would be great in my household.  She could play with him, he would play with her, and I might be able to sleep through the night.  It could happen, don't laugh!

1 comment:

Beckie Hales said...

Not laughing, nope, not me!