Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Climbing the Empire State Building

Ok, not literally, but our challenge in my WW meeting is to climb enough stairs in 30 days to have climbed the Empire State Building. 1576 steps is 53 steps per day for once, 106 steps per day for twice. Steps going down don't count, even if you have to go back down in order to go back up. My building at work has 98 steps from the first floor to the fifth floor (I may have mentioned this before). Just a few more steps and I'll have climbed it twice--except that I expect weekends to be more difficult, and I always take Sunday's off. Anyone want to climb with me?

In other news, my cats are still not friends. I guess that's really not news, though. I deliberately left the door to the basement a little ways open, and sure enough at 4:30 in the morning I heard the sound of cats getting ready to fight. Fortunately that's all they do, make a lot of noise then run. Kitty later smacked me in the face--still not sure if it's because I didn't want to get out of bed or if she was still upset at the interloper.

Also in other news, I'm in a play. I'm in the APL drama club, and I auditioned for "The Mouse that Roared". Not really as nerve-wraking as it sounds, given that there were more parts than people who showed up. I actually got three parts, small ones all. I'll also be helping with costuming again (I helped with costuming on their last--which was also their first--production).

Nursery is a breeze these days--last week we had the most we've had since January began--7. Yup. Seven kids. There are actually about 10 on the rolls, but with colds and travel and everything, I doubt we'll get all of them there on the same week. Kind of nice after the 16-18 kids we had before.

Stake History is pretty much done for now. I'll be sending out reminders at the end of each month so hopefully next year won't be as stressful, but that was a lot easier than I expected. And this year I can keep an eye out for what's going on in the stake and be more pro-active about getting write-ups and details.

Ok, time for the next meeting (hey, it's lunchtime, I'm allowed!)

No comments: