Tuesday, January 11, 2011

15 things you might not know about me...

Ok, saw this on my nieces' blog, so now I have to try it too!!

1. I hate it when people spit out of their cars. Yuck!

2. I am a tv-aholic and a food-aholic. Surprising how well those two go together.

3. I am a collector. I collect dolls, Star Wars Toys, random sci-fi show toys, fine art pictures of children, specifically girls, movies, and now tv shows.

4. I don't clean my bathrooms regularly, usually just before someone comes over or when I get too disgusted to stand it anymore.

5. I like to sew and make costumes.

6. I make up stories in my head with characters from my favorite books or movies or tv shows. My mother would get really upset with me when I started acting them out.

7. While I love music, it isn't my life. I know, with my family, that's about as close to blasphemy as you can get, but there it is.

9. I love to dance.

10. I like to take classes on how to be a better person and communicate with people around me better. Latest one: Crucial Conversations from VitalSmarts through work. Very informative.

11. After many, many years of protesting otherwise, I'm thinking at this point I probably won't get married in this life. I just don't see the point, since I probably won't be able to have kids. I've never had a relationship with a man that convinced me my life would be better to have one in it. Sole control of the remote is very important. Plus I have cats, it's not like I'm lonely. And a Home Teacher, so it's not like I have to do without the important things like priesthood blessings and tools and help around the house.

12. I have a testimony of the Gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You may already know that about me, but just in case I haven't been clear in the past, I really, really do.

13. I love to go out to eat with friends. I used to just go by myself, but after a while realized I just didn't enjoy sitting there with a book. I prefer to go with friends. I have a standing date with the Sister Missionaries each month and it is the highlight of the whole week, usually the whole month (unless I've been visiting family, that kind of wins)

14. I really hate writing documents for work. Or for church. Or for any other reason. I can't even finish the stories I make up in my head, what makes them think I can finish something so boring as a technical manual?

15. I really, really, REALLY love my family. I would do anything for them. I don't live very close to them anymore, but as money and time permit, I do visit them as often as I can. So if I'm not here, that's probably where I am.


Ok, I'm supposed to tag 5 people, so if you decide you want to do this too, consider yourself tagged. Then leave a comment so I know to go read it :)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

This was so fun to read! So glad you realize how important control of that remote is! Those arguments can get ugly! I'll tell Chris to stop spitting out the car window :)

Kellie said...

I love this. This tells so much more about you than just the facts. Very fun.

Stina said...

Fun! I like your cats =)