Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ahh, October!

I just have to say, that I love Fall. I love the cool crispness of the air, I love being able to leave my windows open all day and all night (with a good comforter and my kitty for warmth). I love when the trees turn briliant colors. Hasn't quite started yet here in MD, unless you count my poor tree in my front yard that's been losing leaves all summer. Poor thing. It gets so confused and doesn't know what season it is.

Last weekend was pretty tame. I was on a committee for the Relief Society dinner before the broadcast on Saturday, so I spent most of the day at the church setting up and helping out. Sunday was nice and laid back, complete with a visit from my HT and his wife (my other HT was in the hospital :( ) This week has been fairly calm too. I know a lot of that is due to my recovery from my cold--I just don't have the inclination to do a whole lot. I am much better now, though, and all ready for a night of singing. Choir rehearsal, you know.

This weekend I have the opportunity to listen to General Conference at home. I'll spend time before and between sessions in my yard, trying to make some sort of order there, but for at least four hours I'll sit on my couch and listen to the General Authorities in Salt Lake and try to get a feel for what I should work on for the next six months. I just love Conference Weekend.

Kitty and I had a cat-fight the other night, though. I sat on the couch and was drinking some juice when she latched on to my leg with both front claws and her mouth. I don't think she was trying to hurt me, she didn't draw any blood, but my juice spilled all over the place, including me, and I was unhappy. She knew it. She ran down to the basement to escape my wrath. I am really tired of her attacking me. She might find herself with a new home. Actually, what I will try first is to get a cat trainer over to my house to help us. And maybe play with her more.

I've gotten into NCIS now, too. My Fall TV-Watching schedule is greatly reduced from last year--mostly because half my shows were cancelled and part of the others don't start until January. I have two whole nights where I'm not recording anything. That is just amazing. Throw in the fact that I'm only recording one or two shows on about two other nights, and now you really get a sense of it. fortunately (unfortunately?) USA runs up to 6 hours of NCIS nearly every day. That's a lot. That's more than I can do, actually, but I usually only catch one or two episodes. Lori is going to laugh at me when I tell her. She told me to try it last year (or maybe the year before) but I didn't. She was right.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I've been trying to cut down on my shows too. Otherwise every night I'm up late! I haven't done the NCIS yet though. Hope you're healthy the rest of October!

Cami said...

I cut down too, but isn't it funny how shows can suck you in? This summer, I watched a LOT of Law & Order SVU. Like, probably every episode. That's what happens when they have 6 a day on USA or TNT. But now it's kind of a relief because I only need to watch the new ones. Funny.

Enjoy your beautiful fall with a million trees. I'm jealous.