He got here Wed Aug 26, and on Thursday we went into DC. We went to the Smithsonian, and had lunch with a friend of mine who works at the Holocaust Museum. Erick just graduated with a Bachelor's in Art History, and was a little lost as to what to do next. Clare was able to give him some really good ideas, and he's already found two internships to apply for.
Friday we went into Baltimore, to the Baltimore Museum of Art. We had lunch at the Paper Moon Diner, which is a great little place close to the JHU Homewood campus. Better now that they've painted the previously naked manequins that cavort all over the ceiling, I must say ;) They're cute, and not doing anything bad, but now that they're painted I think they look better. Erick appreciated both the diner and the Museum, which I hadn't been to before either.
We went to Medieval Times that night, and gues what! I won four free tickets to the Renaissance Festival!! I may have to find a friend to go with me, I already bought the tickets I needed for this year, and now I have more.
Saturday we went to the Rennaissance Festival. Yay!! We saw Fight School! And then Don Quixote, this year's play. And then Johnny Fox, and O and some of the Medieval Babes. I atually hadn't made a point to see the Medieval Babes before, not sure what type of show they do, but it was really good, celtic music. Not bawdy like the O'Danny Girls (who are to be avioded by all those with children). I may have to look up their website, since this was their only weekend there. We also saw the Squire of the Wire, who is pretty funny, does a lot of 'little boy' humor as well as walking a tightwire in a kilt. Yes, a kilt. Pick your seats carefully. Then of course more Fight School! and the final joust of the day. Good as always.
Sunday we rested. Church too, but mostly rested. We was ti-red.
Monday I had to go back to work, seeing as I really don't have enough vacation time, but I allowed Erick to use my car, and he was able to do some stuff he wanted to do. He dropped me off and picked me up, and even made dinner for me!
Tuesday more work for me, back to DC for Erick. Went to Red, Hot, and Blue for dinner--a Southern BBQ place that is very good. Wednesday more work for me, Erick did his internet research, and for dinner we went to La Palapa Too, a fairly decent Mexican restaurant (and believe me, Erick would know!). Today I'm back at work again, he's meeting a friend for lunch, and tonight I have choir rehearsal in VA. He may come with me.
Tomorrow we head out to South Carolina. I still need a friend to watch my cat for me, otherwise I may fill the bathtub with water and leave her plenty of food for four days and see what happens. *cross fingers* Hopefully she won't tear the house apart while I'm gone, but I know there are no guarantees if I do that.
Just wanted to post a quick up date for what I've been doing. And leave you with this picture. Fires in California. Pretty dramatic.

2 comments:
My brother lives way out in the desert, far from LA and his driveway is black from all the ash that's falling. It's crazy!
Sounds like so much fun. I am glad you are enjoying Eric. Have a safe trip.
Post a Comment