Thursday, June 18, 2009

So cool

Some days I am reminded of just how cool a job I have, and how nice it is to be surrounded by people who love the same things I do. I'm sitting in a Science Working Group meeting for work, and we just took about 8 minutes to watch the launch of LRO--the Lunar Reconnassance Mission. It was so cool. Launched really nicely on an Atlas V rocket. Got to watch it all the way to second stage separation--there was a camera on the rocket. Even got to watch the fairing blow leaving the spacecraft open to space. Everyone in the room just sat and watched in silence. Then the smart comments began. I even made one about it being a hoax, and everyone just laughed.

It's good to be reminded of why we're here in the first place.

I have friends on the Mission Operations Team for LRO. I'm going to have to send them an email. In another month or so they might be less busy enough to meet up for lunch...

2 comments:

Jann said...

What a difference it makes, when you love your job. That sounds like a pretty fun thing to watch happen.

Jenni said...

Sounds like a great work environment for my smartie rocket scientist friend!:)