Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And the Biggest Loser is...

Helen!!!

I was so shocked! She was never presented as a threat, but she just kept plugging along the whole time. She worked with both trainers, so it's a victory for both of them. And the best part is, she's 48 years old!!! But the real shock of the night was Jerry. 64 years old, lost 177 lbs, took home the at-home prize. I couldn't believe it. No one could. Since I've started watching, it's usually been the person who had the most time on the ranch before getting sent home. Jerry was there for two weeks. He passed out during his first workout.

So if you think you can't lose weight or make changes because of age, you are just wrong. Find another excuse. As for me, my Weight Watchers is doing well. I've been plateau'ed for a while, mostly because I just love to eat potato chips, but I am determined to lose 10 lbs before June 16--and NO more chips until the Family Reunion!!!

The funniest thing happened last night. I'm going to have to take back what I said about learning to say 'no' in the last post. A woman came to my door, doing deliveries in my area for a meat-supply thing. I didn't even get the name of the company. They were looking to unload frozen steak and pork. Said she'd give me about $700 of steak for free if I bought the pork for $250. I'm not supposed to tell my neighbors about this, though. I told them if they could fit it in my freezer, I'd take it. Darn if the guy didn't stuff all that meat in my little freezer atop my fridge. So I'm thinking I should probably have some people over to dinner now. Good thing my nephew is coming in August, he can help, I'm sure. And when it gets down a ways, I may give her another call--they also sell chicken and seafood, although I'm positive I won't get that good of a deal again. What were we saying, Tracy? When a good deal comes along, you can't just pass it by! And hey, now I won't have to buy any meat for about a year...

This morning I also had a major blessing. I had made an appointment to take my car in for its next service, which turned out to be an oil change. I typically drop the car off, have their shuttle take me to work, and then they pick me up later. Well, the shuttle driver didn't come in. So the Service Manager told me if I could wait, it would only take them about 20 minutes and my car would be done. I knew my first meeting was at 10:00, so I figured I had the time to wait. So I did. And when it was done, they didn't even charge me! Ok, so it would have just been like $30, but still! Did I mention I love my car? It's a Saturn, and one of the main reasons I bought a Saturn was because of their service reputation. They're really good. They've always been good to me.

Ok, I need to go get my lunch now--I ran out without it this morning, running late, of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for free meat! You could always send it our way!! :0) We are always running out of it.

Jann said...

I was pretty surprised by the outcome of the biggest loser. It was awesome, and she looked great.

Yeah for free car service. That's awesome.