Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Spent last week writing a document that was due on Friday. Took up all my time at work. Evenings were fairly calm, I don't think I had to go anywhere except for Quiet Book Construction on Thursday. So see, you haven't missed anything.

Saturday was really fun--I got to help with our Primary activity. They had a Medieval theme, which meant I got to wear my garb. yay! I didn't get any pictures, sorry--I was busy helping the kids make their sheilds. They all did very, very well! and they had so much fun! We did run out of pink, which could have been expected given the number of princesses there. The remaining princesses were ok with yellow or green, though. One girl was so sweet, she made a sheild for her baby brother.

Afterwards I went home, returning to my 21st century shape (bodices really do change the shape of your body, when worn correctly), and watched "The Dish", a great little movie about the Australian Ground Station that was the only on in the Southern Hemisphere big enough to transfer video images from the moon to the Earth during the Apollo 11 moon landing. Yup, Neil spoke through Australia to Huston. Then I finished out Season 1 of The Magnificent Seven--a lovely little guns & cowboys series that was, alas!, too short. I think I did something after that, but in the evening I went shopping. I loved having that day all to myself.

Sunday was nice too, stayed in bed way to late reading 'Flyte', the second in the Septimus Heap series. (yes, I finally finished 'Eclipse') Went to church and got to hold baby William during the third hour. The poor sister who had him the second hour (I did offer!) got baby spit-up all over her. Yuck! After church was the Single Adult Potluck dinner, and the Why I Believe Fireside. Both went well, although it looked rather sad to the first sister who showed up at the dinner, me sitting in the room with no tables (I can't get the tables myself), looking rather forlorn. I did make it home in time to watch 'the 4400' and 'The Dead Zone', both of which are on my summer Viewing List (which is a lot shorter than my Fall/Winter/Spring Viewing List).

So far this week is looking a lot like last week--I have visiting teaching but not much else. Well, maybe a birthday party on Thursday, provided my VT is done.

No comments: