So what did I do last week? Dropped Bonnie off on Sunday, had FHE at the Francos and Single Adults on Monday, went to the Stake SA committee meeting on Tuesday, went to the Ward SA Committee meeting on Wednesday, finished HP 7 (second time) on Thursday, went to a movie (Hairspray) with my friend Jann on Friday, then caught up on all my missed summer tv shows (I'd actually watched most of them in real-time, so catching up wasn't hard to do). Normal, basically.
Saturday I overslept and went to RPG (role-playing game--Yes I do Dungeons and Dragons. It's helping me with my math) with my friends. My little halfling (11th level, thank you very much!) had a great time disabling all the traps the DM (Dungeon Master) had set up. He kept saying, "this is a tricky one," or "this one is trickier than the last one", and I would roll my die and get a 38 when I had to beat a 35. First try. Definitely had all the luck. The poor Paladin that was with us almost died three times because he kept rolling so badly :::shakes head::: But I had to leave rather quickly because I was supposed to go to a SA activity. My friends tried to dissuade me, "call in sick!", "don't go", "blow them off!" I had to tell them twice, "I have to go, I'm IN CHARGE." One other person showed up--not too surprising since we weren't able to advertise because the one person who was going to set it up (or at least find out the details) didn't, and we can't even be mad at her because she had an accident about a week or so ago (sigh). So we pulled it together, and like I said, one other person showed up. Bro Paul. We went to see Stardust (which was enjoyable, not as good as LotR, but also much better than such fare as "Time Bandits"). I really hope people don't start thinking I'm dating Bro Paul, though, because I'm not. We're just the only two responsible people in the entire Stake SA program. I hate my calling. Don't suggest I ask to be released, though, because there is literally no one else in the entire stake that can carry this, and it really must be done. It is important. I just wish I had help. And no, Bro Paul isn't much help, he just manages to show up half the time. Boy, I think this is turning bitter.
Sunday was great, though. Slept in, read New Moon (which I hadn't read yet, and needed to catch up to all my other friends), went to church taking my friend's daughters with me. That was a lot of fun. Got home and read some more. Managed to stop in time to watch the 4400 and the Dead Zone, but basically that was about it.
See, a nice normal weekend with no visitors and no jaunts to Virginia. Next weekend should be about the same. Except for the baby shower in Westminster.
2 comments:
Wow, that was a lot of movie watchings! I'm sorry about your activity. I totally know how it is when you plan an activity and no one comes--that has happened several times to us--and we have a whole ward!! Anywho, I'm glad you and Jann got to go see Hairspray after all.
I loved seeing the movie with you. We will have to do it again soon.
Post a Comment