I know, everyone always asks this, but where has the year gone?
The last few weeks have been quiet for me, as I spend the weekends chillin' with the kitties and doin' the church thing. I'm in the Library, you may remember, which means I rarely get to Sunday School anymore. My counterpart, Bro Bishop, usually takes his autistic son to his class, which I agree is more important. I did actually get to Sunday School this past week though (the son didn't want to move from the floor where he was resting). and of course, they were talking about marriage. Yikes. It wasn't too bad, or preachy, but I seriously can NOT relate. So I left early, knowing they'd all think I was going back to the library, which I did. Cuz there's really no where else to go. Except maybe stay in the hallway and play with the babies. That's fun sometimes. Or talk to their mommies, which I ended up doing later.
I've added a new musical group to my list - Simple Plan. A friend of mine on Facebook (hereafter FB) LOVES them. Like I loved Duran Duran in the day (and when I was her age, actually). So she finally got me to listen to some of their songs, and I like them. So that's fun. I have a hard time choosing new music - I don't listen to the 'new music' radio stations because they generally play too much rap or hip-hop for me, I don't know that there's an alternative - or what we used to call alternative - music station in the area, so I usually end up listening to Jack FM, which plays all old music from the 70's and 80's. Usually 80's, and I'm happy with that. But I do miss out on new music. My niece is supposed to keep me informed, but she's lousy at it. (sorry 'kota!)
Work is going well - we passed our one-year mark last Friday. Our spacecraft are 1 year old! Yay! One more year of Primary Mission, then we're on to see if we get Extended or not. If we're still working and producing good science, there's no reason why we couldn't be. Unless Congress decides to be stupid, which is always a possibility.
I've been reading again - I even updated my Goodreads account to reflect some of the books I've been reading. I didn't put down that I recently re-read the Percy Jackson series (I had to, after the movie!). I'm currently reading another urban fantasy with a female protaganist, Royal Street. I'll let you know how it is (well, if you're friends with me on Goodreads, and I think most of my readers here are).
I began a new page on Facebook for Aidan Turner: Aidan Turner All the Time, if you're interested. I only post about 2-3 pictures of him a day, cuz that's what I really want. Pictures of Aidan to look at.
Isn't he cute? Those of you who have known me for a while know that this is standard behavior for me (I did mention Duran Duran, did I mention the scrapbooks I made? no FB in those days, sadly)
Managed to work in my yard this past weekend - the rosemary bush was blamed for knocking out my AC, so I cut it back down to size, Anyone want a rosemary bush? I like it, it just likes to take over my backyard. Need to do more, though. The goal is to get it to a place where I can have my Visiting Teachers over to visit with me in the back yard. Maybe in October.

1 comment:
Oooh, a garden party! Sounds like fun!
Post a Comment