Monday, February 6, 2012

3 down, 49 to go...

No, that's not a football score. I've determined to lose one pound per week for a year. That's 52 pounds by next January. Technically I decided to do this on January 9th, 2012, starting with the Believe Weight Watchers program that Jennifer Hudson has been telling us about on the commercials. Then I found out Jennifer is a whopping size 6. Yeah, I said it, she's a size 6. I got to thinking, if she can do it, I can do it too! But that's next year. This year is one pound a week. Which is a good, sustainable rate of weight loss. I'm doing Weight Watchers, and every Monday I enlist all my Facebook friends to support me in my goal by posting how I did. And how am I doing? This is the fourth week, and I've lost three pounds. So I think that's pretty good. There will be weeks I don't lose, there will be weeks I lose a lot, but as long as the average stays good, I can keep it up. And I have this odd desire to start my running program again.

In other news, Shannon and I took a tour of DC on a Segway on Saturday. Segways are very fun. Zooming down the middle of Pennsylvania Avenue (cuz that's where the bike lanes are) was also extremely fun. Freezing my hands and toesies off, not so much, but that's ok. Once in a while is not bad. The weather was supposed to be a lot warmer, and later that afternoon it rained, but we missed the rain and the pictures I took turned out great.


Getting ready to start out


In front of the Capitol Building, East Side


In front of the White House
(South Side--the North Side had protesters)

Totally doing this again--they have a monument tour in the summertime where they go around to all the monuments. And hey, if I ever get a niece, nephew, sibling, friend, etc come to see me again, we're totally doing this!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, that segway tour sounded so cool! Best wishes with your goals this year!

Beckie Hales said...

Definitely putting a Segway tour on my list of fun things to do!