Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Goals

Kristen inspired me with blogging about her goals, so here are mine.

I've created a few over the last several weeks to replace the ones I haven't been working on from New Years (and prior to New Years). A lot of this has come with the realization that I'm where I want to be, doing what I want to do--so now what? I no longer have major responsibilities at church (for me, showing up every Sunday and playing with small children is not major, its fun), work is going well (except for that I'm really, really tired of writing documents, reading documents, and going to endless meetings discussing said documents), and even my tv schedule has calmed down. Like I said, now what?

The big, over-arching goal is to put my house in order. I've been letting a lot of things slip for far too long for me to want to admit. So now it's time to put the house, the yard, and me in order.

For the house, I intend to go through every room, spend at least a half hour at a time until it's straight. I may have to have a yard sale or several trips to Goodwill/Salvation Army when I'm done.

For the yard, I really need to get the weeds out of the back yard. My wonderful patio from last year is kind of lost with all the greenery. So evenings and Saturday mornings I need to spend some time out there.

For me, I'm going with lifestyle changes. I'm taking a break from Weight Watchers right now--I had to admit to myself that I haven't been following the program for probably a year, and if I'm not going to follow it, I need to not pay for it. So I'm going with morning walks for exercise and watching my portion sizes--but I'm also not restricting what foods I'm allowed to eat. I'm going for healthier foods, but eating a 4-oz bag of my favorite potato chips is not 'forbidden' anymore. I think this will help me not have to eat the 10-oz bag just to satisfy the craving. We'll see.

Along with all of this is getting my financials under control. I still struggle with buying whatever I want when I want it, instead of budgeting properly and getting what I want when I can afford it--and by that time maybe it's not something I really want after all. Today, of course, I found out that I need to get my air conditioner/heat pump replaced. That should be fun.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that I inspired someone! Good luck on your goals. Keep us posted!!

Jenni said...

Sorry about the heat pump! Good luck with all your goals!!