The guys from BGEHome came yesterday and installed my new HVAC system. It's a little bigger than the old system, I hope the HOA doesn't complain (I have a fenced in back yard so what do they care anyway, right?). They also installed a programmable thermostat. I'm sure that will be much more useful in the wintertime, but it's fun to play with now. I think I'm so used to it being hot in my house I got cold when it was still 78 degrees! Needless to say, I slept very well last night. Kitty did too. Although I had to kick her out this morning since she was scratching my bed. I guess I'll have to get some stuff for that. I don't mind her on the bed, I just mind when she uses it for a scratching post--and completely ignores the other three scratchers I have in the bedroom! Time to pull out some catnip for them I guess. That sort of helps.
Not much going on this week. Tomorrow I'm going to work in the yard until I'm tired or it's too hot, and then I'm going to go into my cool house and clean up the basement. Yeah, one of those goals I blogged about but haven't done much with. It's been too hot in my house. Yeah, that's it. Too hot.
The other good news is that tonight I have a handyman coming over to fix my garbage disposal. We're just going to replace it, it's really not worth it to me to try to fix it at this point. I came home from vacation and it wouldn't turn on. So I've been living with it for three weeks because I just couldn't get myself motivated enough to take care of it. So I'll be able to cook again--don't ask me why I couldn't cook just because my garbage disposal wasn't working--it has something to do with not being able to put the vegetable scraps down the sink. Someday I'm going to have to figure out how to put a compost heap together. Yes, I've read the instructions online, but it just seems like a bother to get it started. And then take care of it. I don't have a garden at the moment anyway.
I also managed to make myself call the doctor. I have an appt next Friday morning. I've been getting all sorts of things taken care of this week. Yay for me!
3 comments:
You are getting lots done - yay for you!:) I'm so glad you're not hot anymore!
Woohoo for air conditioning! I am glad that is fixed! Good luck with your basement project.
Yay for cool nights!
Post a Comment