Monday, November 17, 2008

since everyone else is...

I'll play catch-up too!!!

I actually had quite the lousy week last week, but it wasn't all bad.
I was sick, which was one of a long list of annoying/scary/lousy things that included a stake sa committee meeting, a tardy plumber, a rude inspector, a car repair, and the accident that necessitated the car repair (no one was hurt, the car was barely injured, but it still wasn't any fun).

Saturday night I got to play games with my friends and see another friend who moved away.
Sunday all the kids were squirrelly in Nursery--BUT--the little girl who makes a point of crying every time she gets left in Nursery Did NOT Cry. Went to the cupboard and got her favorite toys and just played with them. Minor miracle. Maybe she understood the little talk we had the week before; maybe she thought someone would take her favorite toys if she wasted time crying, who knows. It was great, though.
Monday I got to watch my favorite tv shows.
Wednesday I got to watch some more of my favorite TV shows.
Thursday I had a good reason to miss rehearsal (I was sick) so I got to stay home and watch more tv. Hmm, I sound rather boring, don't I?
Friday took the sister missionaries out to dinner--except that two of them in the apartment were sick so I took out one from our ward and one from C2. Which is fine. But I got the Inquisition all through dinner about my work. So maybe that wasn't really all that fun, but I did get home in time to--you guessed it--watch more tv. With my cat. who likes to sit on my lap so I can't knit.
Saturday I went to the rehearsal of the Single Adult choir that I'm in, then met my friend S for lunch and we went to see Quantum of Solace. James Bond, 5.0. I loved it. So much fun. so many little tributes to the old movies. And-- and--and--was that who I think it was in the lobby of the little hotel????? the one where he kills the geologist/spy guy? so cool!!!!
Sunday I got to sleep in ALL DAY. Well, I was sick all day--my cold that had settled in my throat Thursday so I couln't go to Mormon Choir rehearsal reared its ugly head and I decided the moms of the nursery kids would really appreciate it if I would just stay home. So I did. And missed another rehearsal that night (I feel like all I do is go to VA for choir rehearsals this fall. So not doing this in the winter/spring).

So there were good parts.
And my hand continues to get better. Get this--I can KNIT again!!! It was to the point I really just couldn't do it--my right hand kept going numb after about 3 stitches. But now I can finally knit the Dr Who scarf I want!!! yay!!

Here's hoping this week goes better. Course, I get to cook a turkey this weekend for the SA Thanksgiving dinner. That could be... fun... Anyone know a place I can just buy a cooked turkey for about 40 people? I know where I can get a good spiral-cut ham...

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I'm glad you can knit again :)

Cami said...

Wow, lots of things. I, too, am glad your hand is back at knitting capacity.