Yes a little more time today...
Ok, so we left off with me whining about the Single Adult program and how we had some great activities and how I never get help from some people--specifically those who are assigned to help me. Our last event was actually Sunday the 18th, our monthly pot-luck dinner with fireside (church meeting). I had made a plea for people to come on time, and to my surprise, they did. We were able to start at 6:00pm like we are always supposed to but never can because most people don't show up until 6:20pm. We finished with plenty of time to get to the fireside, which is pretty unusual. This month we were able to attend a fireside being given by the BYU Chamber Orchestra. It was wonderful. I play violin, and used to be part of orchestras in school, so I really appreciated the chance to sit and enjoy this one. They're on a tour of the Eastern US, with a last performance at Carnegie Hall in New York City. Pretty amazing.
Briefly, work is about the same, except that I finally finished my document to send out for signature yesterday, and now I can work on the other things that have been piling up...
Enough of that nonsense, though. What's been going on with my personal life?
I finished out March with a trip to the Pet Expo at the Dulles Expo Center with some friends. I now have the Furmerator (which Kitty tolerates) and the Cat Bag (which she does not). We had a good time, though. The first weekend in April was General Conference for my church, good as always, and maybe a little more special than usual as we bid farewell to President Hinkley and welcomed President Monson as the new President and Prophet of our church. I had the Turpins come over Sunday morning for brunch, which was a lot of fun. I'd had the Anderson's over for FHE in March, and in May I had the Edward's over for FHE, so my NYR of having people over is finally getting somewhere. Yay!
The next weekend was my Concious Dating and Relationships course that I already wrote a post about. The next class is coming up this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that (*after* Sheely's baptism, of course). April 20th I had another amazing church-related experience as Gladys Knight and the Saints Unified Voices Choir came to Baltimore. I went with a friend, and it was amazing. She even sang "Amazing Grace," so you know it had to be :D She bore her testimony, her husband bore his testimony, several of the choir members did as well--I did mention this was a church meeting, right? I so have to get the CD now--it won a Grammy in 2005. See, Mormons *can* sing! cool music, too! :D
April 26 was the SA event at the movie theater. I think that pretty much finishes off April. Sundays are always busy, weeknights I was trying to get my yard under control when I didn't have church meetings to attend. I think I even managed a movie one night, but I don't really recall...
May was-is?-fun. I got my patio installed on April 30 (close enough!), and the following week they came and put in the plants. My shed got delivered, and last weekend I finally got it put together (my friends Charlie and Marlene came over and helped). I spent one Saturday playing D&D with my friends, another Saturday making quilts (you already heard about that too), and then there was last weekend. Thank goodness for three days, I needed all three of them! My backyard actually looks more like a yard instead of a heap of stuff, my plants are getting watered (although I think my laurels have died, but I'll keep trying for another week or so), and since my porch swing is put together I've been using it too. Kitty likes the backyard too. She likes to climb the (6-ft) fence and walk along the top. I think she's a little upset I cut the weeds that were growing up around the pieces of the shed--she can no longer hide in them. But she does like to sit on the pile of cardboard I cut the boxes into. Too bad they will be disappearing next Recycle Day.
I also went to the movies. I finally saw Ironman, and I agree with what all my friends said--it's awesome! I also saw Indiana Jones (of course!), and I think it makes a fitting addition to the series. Not sure if there will be more, probably not, but it ended very well. I liked it :) Maybe a little too much Close Encounters, but then, each of the movies has a bit of the supernatural in them.
Time to go see Prince Caspian!
2 comments:
Busy you! Congrats on the new patio! It was way super fun to come to your house for brunch, and I'll be able to have you over soon now that things are finally calming down over here! Argh, I want to see those movies you mentioned, and I hope we all get to see Prince Caspian together . . . if I can make it. I saw it once, but I'd see it again.
I bet your yard looks really good, especially with the new patio. Very fun. Fun movies you have been seeing. I am looking forward to going to a few of them.
Post a Comment